Manhattan Children’s Center, 100 West 93rd Street, New York
Overall, the fast pace of the project, and it’s close-to-the-heart nature made for an engaging experience that highlighted Talisen’s knack for completing school renovations effectively. Read more about how the project evolved here.
- Manhattan Children’s Center is a two-floor school specializing in students with disabilities and high demands.
- Talisen Construction, an ardent supporter of Autism Speaks and general advocate of children with learning and developmental disabilities, was eager to accomplish the task.
- The project required heavy structural work, including the implementation of a wheelchair lift.
- Partnering with AGP Architects, the space integrated a new sensory gym which features a climbing apparatus.
- The addition of multiple pantries, kitchens, laundry, and bathroom facilities will allow for the implementation of life skills classes