The University Club
Peter Gisolfi Architects and Icor Associates collaborated with Talisen to make modern upgrades while retaining the elegant aesthetic of New York’s prestigious University Club, which was founded in 1865. The Club’s headquarters, which sits on the corner of 54th Street and Fifth Avenue in Midtown, has hosted the club since 1899.
The greatest challenge was the complete removal of the existing mechanical system. A temporary mechanical system was installed while the original system was dismantled, which allowed the club’s operations to continue, undisturbed.
Custom-made stone and marble elements were incorporated into the newly-renovated 4th and 7th floors, providing a fresh addition to the nearly-125-year-old landmark.
View a similar project here.
1 West 54th Street, NYC
Peter Gisolfi Associates